Innovation Elementary School Counseling Program Beliefs, Mission and Vision Statements
The professional school counselors at Innovation Elementary School believe:
- All students have worth
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program
- All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial, sexual differences and special needs are considered in the planning and implementation of the school counseling program
- All students K-12 shall have access to a full-time, state-certified, master’s degree level school counselor to deliver the counseling program
And that the Innovation Elementary School comprehensive counseling program should:
- Be based on specific goals and developmental student competencies aligned with county, state, and national standards for all students in kindergarten through grade 5.
- Be planned and coordinated by school counselor(s) in collaboration with other stakeholders (school staff, parent or guardian and community representatives)
- Utilize the many combined resources of the community to deliver programs
- Implements the APS whole child framework, ensuring that each student is, “Healthy, safe, supported, engaged, and academically challenged.”
- Collaborate with stakeholders to monitor students’ results
- Use data to drive program development and evaluation
- Aligns with Responsive Classroom practices through C.A.R.E.S (compassion, assertion, responsibility, empathy, self-control) model
And that the Innovation Elementary School counselors will:
- Abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association
- Participate in professional development activities that are essential to maintaining a quality school counseling program
The school counseling program at Innovation Elementary School delivers intentional, evidence-based, data driven activities and lessons that remove barriers to student success. Promoting equity and access for each student, we strive to provide a challenging and nurturing learning environment that advances positive career, academic, and social/emotional development.
The vision of the Innovation Elementary School comprehensive school counseling program is that all students will be engaged lifelong learners who are compassionate and empathetic individuals who positively contribute to their families and communities. They are self-advocates who have the resiliency needed to reach their full potential. Each student will achieve personal success and model compassion, assertion, responsibility, empathy, and self-control as global citizens.